Connection is critical for healing. That’s why Promont Wellness offers a group therapy program as part of our comprehensive outpatient addiction treatment services in Pennsylvania. Group therapy sessions provide an opportunity to connect with others who are on a similar journey. These meetings offer a supportive environment to share your story, gain insights and perspectives, and learn healthy coping skills.
Group therapy sessions are always led by an experienced, licensed therapist. Promont Wellness’s group therapy program emphasizes trust, respect, and confidentiality. You’ll quickly discover that you are not alone in your experience with addiction.
If you’re seeking recovery from addiction, Promont Wellness’s addiction treatment therapies can help you develop a solid foundation for lasting change. Contact our team at 866.939.4243 today to get started.
Why Group Therapy?
We know that group sessions can be intimidating. You may wonder what group therapy can do for you that individual therapy can’t. While individual therapy is important, group therapy sessions offer a unique level of support and connection.
In group therapy, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Share your story – Your peers in group therapy will be able to relate to your experiences. This can foster a sense of understanding and connection.
- Gain insights and perspectives – Group therapy offers a unique opportunity to gain different perspectives. You’ll be able to see your situation in a new light and develop a fresh perspective on your journey to recovery.
- Learn healthy coping skills – In group therapy, you’ll learn new coping skills and techniques to manage your addiction. You’ll also have the opportunity to practice these skills in a safe and supportive environment.
Group therapy also allows clients to spend more time working with a therapist than would be possible in individual therapy sessions. Consistent attendance can help you build a stronger foundation for recovery.
What to Expect in Our Group Therapy Program
Each session in our group therapy program is different. Typically, you’ll be in a small group of others who are in various stages of their recovery journey. Your therapist will guide the group discussion and activities.
You can expect to talk about your experiences, share your thoughts and feelings, and participate in group activities. Your therapist may also assign homework to help you practice the skills you’re learning in group therapy.
Some of the topics you might discuss in group therapy include:
- Triggers for relapse – Identifying your triggers is an important step in recovery. In group therapy, you’ll learn how to identify and manage your triggers.
- Relapse prevention – You’ll learn how to create a solid relapse prevention plan. This will help you identify warning signs and know what to do if you’re at risk for relapse.
- Coping skills – You’ll learn healthy coping skills to manage your addiction. You’ll also have the opportunity to practice these skills in group therapy.
Emotional regulation – You’ll learn how to manage your emotions in a healthy way. This will help you cope with difficult emotions and prevent relapse.
- Helping others as they recover can also be rewarding. As you work through your own recovery, you’ll be able to offer support and encouragement to others in group therapy.
A New Way Forward at Promont Wellness
Group therapy can provide the support you need to recover from addiction. While addiction can be isolating, group therapy reminds you that you are not alone.
If you’re ready to take the first step on your journey to recovery, contact our team today. We offer a variety of addiction treatment services, including group therapy, to help you build a foundation for lasting recovery. Reach out at 866.939.4243 or connect with us online to get started.